Melting Hot Chocolate Souffle (Roy's)

ALOHA!
I just went on vacation to Hawaii and it changed my life! 

Not because of this...

Or even this....

But because of this...
I ate at Roy's and finished my meal off with Roy's Classic Melting Hot Chocolate Soufflé right out of the oven served with a heaping scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream. 


Life changing. 


So when I got back to the mainland I immediately searched the internet for the recipe. I was apprehensive about it because I had never made a souffle before but it turned out perfectly and it was just as life changing. 





ROY'S CLASSIC MELTING HOT CHOCOLATE SOUFFLE
(Serves 4)

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
3 Tbsp cornstarch
4 eggs plus 4 egg yolks
12 Tbsp butter
8 oz semisweet dark chocolate 
(I only had semisweet chocolate chips and they worked great!)

Preparation:
In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. In a separate bowl, mix eggs and yolks together. In a saucepan, bring butter to a simmer, then add the chocolate. Mix until the chocolate is smooth and begins to simmer along the edges. (The chocolate will melt quickly but it takes a few minutes to get it to simmer around the edges). Combine this chocolate mixture with the sugar and cornstarch and mix thoroughly. Add eggs and mix at low speed until sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth. Refrigerate overnight in a bowl. (The first time I made this I was too impatient to refrigerate and cooked it right after preparation. It still tasted amazing but didn't have the melting chocolate inside. After refrigerating it overnight the batter is cold enough that the soufflé won't cook all the way through and you'll end up with amazing melted chocolate gooey goodness!)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 

If you are using soufflé rings- find preparation instructions here.

I used 4" diameter ramekins and was able to make 4 soufflés. 
Spray ramekins with non-stick cooking spray. Or you can butter and sugar the ramekins. (I tried it both ways and they both worked great). Fill each ramekin 2/3 full with the batter. Bake for 28-30 minutes. 

Serve with ice cream. 



I hope this changes your life like it has mine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment